Founded in 1992 by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Institute for Strategic and Regional Studies under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan (ISRS) is the leading state research organization (think tank).
The ISRS’s main mission is to provide the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan with information and analytical support.
The main directions of ISRS information-analytical and scientific-research activities are:
- topical issues of ensuring stable and sustainable development of society and the state in modern conditions;
- problems of regional security in Central Asia, prospects for the development of multilateral interaction with the countries of the region;
- current tendencies of global development and international security, prospects for cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the states world countries, international organizations and financial institutions.
ISRS within the framework of its activity:
- conducts international conferences, thematic "round tables" and along with scientific and practical seminars on the main research areas;
- conducts joint research on security issues in Central Asia, prospects for the development of multifaceted (multilateral) regional and international cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- participates in drafting laws, state development programs and conceptual documents in the field of domestic and foreign policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- interacts with public authorities, research and analytical institutions, higher educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- maintains cooperation with the diplomatic corps and representations of international organizations, accredited in Uzbekistan, as well as partnerships with foreign analytical and research centers.